Soil erosion and soil stability can be an issue in Western Australia particularly in rural areas. Civil and General Distributors now supply the GEOHEX™ Erosion Control System.
Designed and manufactured in Australia to ISO9001:2014 standards, this unique and innovative ground stabilisation technology is easy and quick to install and can be used to:
- manage water runoff,
- assist with slope stabilisation and sediment control,
- prevent drainage and hydraulic erosion,
- rehabilitate industrial and mining sites, and
- control and manage storm water drainage to prevent flooding and other drainage issues.
GEOHEX™ is a permeable ground stabilisation technology engineered for use in multiple applications. It is used to help stabilise infill material, mitigate erosion, control shearing (lateral and vertical movement) in a wide range of soil and substrate types.
With a load rating of 1,200 tonnes per square metre when filled, the GEOHEX™ Erosion Control System is a safe and cost effective substitute for concrete in many applications. Made from high impact resistant, 100% recycled co-polymer polypropylene, it is environmentally friendly and its lightweight design reduces logistic costs.
Where to Use GEOHEX™
GEOHEX™ can be used for soil, turf, embankment and road stabilisation in or around:
- Residential & commercial driveways
- Landscaping applications
- Road works
- Golf courses
- Parking areas
- Council landfills
- Civil projects
- Resource development sites
- Tailings and waste dams
- Dump walls
- Cattle and equine feedlots
- Approaches and exists to livestock yards
- Rural gateways & driveways
Advantages of GEOHEX™
- 100% recyclable
- Able to be laid in any weather
- Non-toxic to humans, animals and plants
- Easy DIY installation
- More cost effective than concrete
- Lightweight and durable
- Able to be cut to size
- Easily stored and transported as it nests together
- Non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals and water
- Easily maintained thereby reducing maintenance costs.